~The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord~

Sunday, June 29, 2008

DEAF CAMP!!

A Guide to Life!!
And List to Live by (at Deaf Camp).....


The most powerful channel of communication..... PRAYER!
Thanks for praying.

The most important thing in life..... THE POWER OF GOD!
We have seen the power of God at Deaf Camp.


Rosa with baby Lester, Me, Justin, and Deilia

The most destructive habit......... WORRY!
The greatest problem to overcome........ FEAR!

I had a good group and not much problems. Of course I had some small problems here and there. But they weren't as big as my fears and worries had been.


The greatest "shot in the arm".......... ENCOURAGEMENT!
Lane and Vernee and their deaf son Laramie came all the way from America to teach here at deaf camp. And they also brought all the teaching material! I was Vernee's assistant teacher......

The world's most incredible computer....... THE BRAIN!
It was interesting to see how many ideas the deaf had at crafts time which I would have never thought of.

The most beautiful attire....... A SMILE!


The most effective sleeping pill........ PEACE OF MIND!

The greatest asset........ FAITH! (or TRUST)
A 3 month old baby, which looked more like 3 weeks old.


The most prized possession...... INTEGRITY!


The worst thing to be without........... HOPE!


The greatest attitude........ GRATITUDE!

Teachers and Counselors

The greatest natural resource........ YOUTH!

All deaf----
Saying "Good Bye"
The most powerful force in life....... LOVE!


In one of my posts before I wrote about a flood that we had. Well yes a bridge was washed out on the way to Punta Gorda. And they built a detour bridge by putting in a lot of culverts .
Now this week we had rain again though not quite as much as when the flood was. But it was enough rain to get this river to rise again. And some of the culverts washed out. So now the DETOUR is closed too!
But there's still a way (another detour) . People are being brought over the river by boat. And that was the only way to get some of the deaf back home. Someone on the other side brought the deaf to their homes.

The most satisfying work.......... HELPING OTHERS!


The greatest joy................ GIVING!


The greatest loss.............. The loss of SELF RESPECT!
By not taking time to nap


The ugliest personality trait............ SELFISHNESS!

The most crippling disease.......... EXCUSES!

The most dangerous pariah......... GOSSIP!

The most power-filled words........... I CAN! (or YOU CAN)
One of my girls that I was responsible for did not want to pray herself in the evening when we had devotions. She had the excuse she couldn't, so a few times I helped her. But Fri. eve. the last eve. I told her " You can I know you can, you're smart!" And guess what she prayed a few words all by herself!!!

The most worthless emotion........... SELF-PITY!

The future is as bright as the promises of God!


1 comment:

Arlene said...

Yes Marcelina, deaf camp was awesome. I know that God was working there. Praise the Lord for all who gave their hearts to Jesus during camp!